Saturday, May 16, 2020

Ireland | Flynn - "One of us"

SONG OF THE WEEK

Darren Flynn is an up-and-coming Irish artist hailing from Mullingar. He has just released a new single, titled "One of us". "I moved away from home to find myself – but in doing so, I kind of lost myself for a while. Eventually, I realised the value of being around friends and family, and that being back at home was what I needed to re-set my peace of mind and get me back on track", he said. "Now I look forward to travelling, but I'm not running away from home or myself... I feel good about following my dreams and lucky to have my friends and family supporting me from home".

The song has all the best qualities one could ever expect from a singer-songwriter song. It's intimate but relatable, smooth but intense. It hit all the right spots, so we had absolutely no doubt when deciding: it's our song of the week!

No comments: