Wednesday, September 27, 2017

10 Questions For: Belleamy

INTERVIEW

She is a wonderful young talent who is achieving great success in Romania. A single of hers was on our list of the 50 best songs of 2015. And now, we had the honor of talking to her. These are our 10 questions for Belleamy:

Sounds European!: Let's travel back in time, to your childhood. What are your music memories of that period? Who did you like to listen when you were younger? Who were your music idols? And when did you start singing?

Belleamy: At first, during my childhood, I listened to Michael Jackson and '90s music, which was played on radio and television. That was the music I listened to everywhere. I also enjoyed listening to Romanian music – mostly what was broadcast on TV, too. My idol at that time was Loredana Groza, a famous singer from my country. I knew her songs almost perfectly! I started singing when I was six years old.

SE!: What about the jump from love to career? When did singing go from your hobby to your profession? What were the first moments you realized you were building your own career? And how did you feel, seeing these doors opening for you?

B: At the age of six, I began to sing. And, as the years went by, I realized that was what I really wanted to do. And, after some time, this hobby has become a job. When I was 18, I released my first song, which was the moment when I could say that the artist career started for me.

SE!: Romania has one of the most prolific music industries in Europe. So, on the one hand, the chances of developing your work must be big. But, on the other hand, finding space in such a crowded market must be hard. How was your experience with entering the Romanian pop scene? And how do you see the music of your country?

B: Like in every field of activity, it's so hard to get to the top, and this is only possible with hard work and a lot of luck. It is necessary to be constant and give the public what they want, so you can be taken into account. I have always based myself on the premise that there is a place for everyone in this music industry, and I realized that in Romania, too: the chances of succeeding, being on the top, are the same you can have abroad.

SE!: Even though there are many female singers in the Romanian pop scene, we still feel you found a "signature", a differential from others. Your work has a different edge, a groove which is, in a way, more international than average. Was it a clear objective of yours to have a difference in your work? And going further, how would you define your genre and describe your own music?

B: I'm not the kind of artist who sings a certain musical genre just because that is what people are looking for at that moment. I only sing what is attractive to me, and what inspires and makes me feel a song matches me. I think that, if I ever feel like taking another musical style, I would definitely do it – but, for the moment, the genre I make can fit into pop-reggae-dance-latino.

SE!: When artists are recording songs, they usually build their own expectations. Let's talk about them. What would you like people to feel while listening to your music? What do you want to convey to others through your voice and melody?

B: I want the audience to understand the story of the songs, to feel the lyrics. I want to give them a good feeling and their hearts to be a target for this.

"I'm not the kind of artist who sings a certain musical genre just because that is what people are looking for at that moment" (Picture: official Facebook page)

SE!: Your music is becoming very successful, and not only in Romania. You have also reached other countries, such as Albania, Cyprus, Greece and Turkey. How does it feel to have your work enjoyed by so many people? And how do you deal with fame?

B: I am extremely glad to know that a Romanian song has been successful abroad. This feeling is amazing, knowing that your work is appreciated by so many people! Now, I can still enjoy my personal life in 40%. :)) But the remaining 60%, I enjoy with my fans a lot!

SE!: We have just talked about the success you are currently living. But looking forwards: What are your dreams? What do you still want to achieve in your career?

B: I wish to be known and famous internationally, to have concerts and to be on the biggest venues in the world.

SE!: What are your professional projects for the near future? What can your fans expect?

B: I have two projects in progress for the near future. I can not tell too much to the fans, but what I can say is that one is in Romanian and the other one is in English.

SE!: If you could choose anyone, who would be some Romanian and international artists you'd like to collaborate with?

B: If I could make a list, it would be too long, but the first thought takes me to Rihanna. With her, I would make a featuring, because I find myself in her crazy style.

SE!: We would like to finish this interview with a song of yours. What is your favorite song by Belleamy, and why?

B: I love all the songs that I have, but if I need to choose one of them, "Bye, bye" would be the favorite so far, because it was the most successful of all of them.

No comments: