Tuesday, April 06, 2021

United Kingdom | Silvertwin - "Ploy"

RECENT

Silvertwin are a British band from London, formed by Isaac Shalam, and including Alicia Barisani, Dan Edery, Lauric Mackintosh and Antonio Naccache. Think of the best rock songs from the '60s and '70s, and then listen to "Ploy": the same spirit is present in it. We are having chills while listening to it, time after time!

"'Ploy' is kind of about the insecurity or paranoia that comes with a blooming relationship", says Shalam. "I suppose initially I thought of the riff as my attempt at trying to write something Beach Boys-esque by having simple chords but a bass line that moved back and forth. It was a new style of song-writing for me as up until then I'd mostly used guitar, but I wanted to begin using piano as the anchor for the songs I was working on at the time."

No comments: